Communications and PR Intern
Public Foundation "Accelerate Prosperity"
About Accelerate Prosperity:
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a new regional initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, which provides a formal structure to catalyze enterprises, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. AP’s mission is to inspire rising entrepreneurs in emerging regions to grow new markets, create sustainable employment, and strengthen communities, with a focus on youth and women in towns and rural areas. Through patient capital and tailored technical assistance and business advisory to startups and existing businesses, AP inspires entrepreneurship by offering lean startup incubation, preparing promising enterprises for investment, facilitating mentorship, and enabling access to impact investments and bank financing.
As a Public Relations and Communications Intern with Accelerate Prosperity, you will closely work with Communication and PR Specialist, all the detailed assignments will be discussed with this person. Intern will assisting in creation of communication plan and concept for future events and projects. You will be engaged in developing new monitoring and data collection tools for program learning, reporting and communications. This role requires a high level of proficiency in writing (English, Russian), partnership building, and creativity (i.e. marketing, graphic design). For effective communications, the position must manage data and learning activities. The ideal candidate must be able to balance multiple responsibilities/deadlines and take full ownership over his / her work product.
Additionally, you will frequently collaborate with AP’s stakeholders including: the Aga Khan Foundation, USAID, AKDN, supported entrepreneurs, business associations, trainers/mentors for programs, and other partners to improve AP’s presence in target markets.
You will assist for creating all of AP’s internal communications materials and reporting materials for USAID and AP’s donors and partners (i.e. success stories, progress reports, presentations), for creating all external-facing PR and communications materials, including AP’s website, press releases, and social media channels.
- Assist in creating all of AP’s communication materials including, but not limited to: press releases, program success stories
- Assisting in managing all of AP’s social media accounts and website, and drive engagement across all platforms through frequent and high-quality posts
- Design/create new marketing/PR materials for AP to utilize, such as banners, photos, posters, short videos, adverts to engage entrepreneurs, the business community, and other stakeholders both on- and offline
- Generate new business ideas to grow AP’s reach, social impact, and financial sustainability
- Actively collaborate with AP team with necessary requirements
- Travel will be required to Osh and Naryn, and other parts of the Kyrgyz Republic
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of University studies;
- Experience in Social Media Promotion and creating content;
- Strong demonstrated technical skills in writing (English, Russian, Kyrgyz): i.e. communications strategy, marketing/branding, graphic design;
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva, or other similar software would be a strong asset;
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, and other related marketing/social media strategies;
- Technical skills in data collection and analysis (e.g. advanced Excel);
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and attitude: e.g. developing new strategies, processes and capacities for small enterprises or initiatives;
- Strong personal presence, leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills to act as an effective influencer and negotiator at senior levels of relationship management;
- Oral and written fluency in English, Russian and Kyrgyz.
- Experience working with startups/SMEs
- Experience working with international organizations
Accelerate Prosperity is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of our service users.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, (no other documents, please) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org