PR specialist /Office Manager
Представительство DVV International в КР
DVV International Representative Office in the Kyrgyz Republic is currently looking for a PR specialist /Office Manager
PR specialist / Office manager ensures the smooth operation of the office and monitors all processes related to its functioning, and carries out work on public relations and visibility of the organization’s activities.
The successful candidate can start as from March 15 with a probation period of three months.
1. Document management in the office, such as
- Systematization and registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Preparation of draft letters, inquiries and other documents related to the activities of the organization, including in English and official languages.
2 . Preparation and organization of official business trips of employees outside the country, including:
- Facilitation of visa applications and registrations of in- and out-going travellers;
- Selection of the best routes and price options and booking of tickets through a local travel agency;
- Informing employees on special conditions for crossing borders, carrying baggage, and staying in the countries of visit.
3. Assistance in organizing and holding events at regional and international levels, including:
- Preparation and distribution of invitations and relevant travel information for foreign participants, including in English;
- Upon request, assisting programme staff in:
- completing training handouts and information materials;
- preparation of badges and place cards;
- other tasks, requested by the programme staff and Director
- Meeting English-speaking guests at the airport.
4. Providing and maintaining organization’s PR and coverage of project activities in local media
The successful candidate works closely with the programme staff to increase the visibility of the results achieved through:
- Preparing success stories within the framework of the activity (in text format);
- Organizing photo / video shooting of project events, interviews, success stories, animations, etc.;
- Placing informational articles prepared by the programme staff and partner organizations on the Organization’s website and newsletters as well as in social networks, translating articles into English where needed;
- Analysis of the organization’s Facebook page (coverage, audience engagement, etc.) and preparation of reports.
- Reviewing and editing all material for visual coverage of activities, including from partner organizations in agreement with Country and / or Regional Director;
- Ensuring that all visibility materials comply with DVV International’s visibility guidelines;
- Developing project-related information materials (brochures, infographics, posters, banners, etc.);
5. Communication and interaction with the media:
- Organize interaction and communication with the media (media invitations, press releases, project briefings, media reporting, interviews with organization’s staff, press tours);
- Create and maintain the media database.
Profile of successful candidate:
- University degree in public relations, social sciences, or related field;
- At least 2 years’ specialist experience in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication or lobbying or similar) and / or at least 2 years of working experience with international organizations in the position of office manager, administrative / programme assistant;
- Ability to express oneself well and without mistakes both verbally and in writing;
- Experience in working with media;
- Experience in project and / or event management;
- Experience in writing articles and press releases (confirmed, for example, by samples of work);
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and relevant computer applications (e.g. MS Office and design software);
- Experience in conduction of trainings is an asset;
- Very good knowledge of Russian, English and Kyrgyz languages, knowledge of German is an advantage;
- Readiness to travel to the regions of Kyrgyzstan;
- Ability to fulfill tasks under tight deadlines;
- Good communication and team working skills.
• Salary within average local range;
• A responsible and exciting task within a development organization active in a total of 34 countries;
• Team-oriented organizational environment, in Kyrgyzstan and the Central Asian Region;
• Possibility for professional development and learning. Application procedure:
Please send your updated CV in English and Russian (indicating potential references from former jobs), as well as a cover letter with indication of required minimum monthly rate or current salary to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of Applications is February, 20, 18:00, Bishkek time.
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany. DVV International operates worldwide with more than 200 partners in over 30 countries. DVV International has been active in Kyrgyzstan since the year 2002 with official registration of the Country Office in the year 2012, and with its Regional Office for Central Asia since 2018.
The Country Office builds local and regional cooperation and ensures the quality and effectiveness of our engagement in the country. Our work focuses on: (i) Broadening and professionalizing the provision of youth and adult education in the following fields: vocational training, intercultural learning, environmental education and sustainable development, migration and integration, health education, conflict prevention, and education for democracy and human rights, (ii) Capacity building and networking of partner organizations: trainings for managerial, administrative, pedagogical staff; provision of project-related infrastructure; supporting networking between adult education actors and improving their access to professional discourses and information resources; (iii) Political dialogue and expertise, and lobbying of Lifelong Learning and Adult Education at national and regional levels: Policy advice; national, regional and international conferences and forums; professional exchange and consultancy.