IT Systems Specialist
Devtechsys Inc. USA | проект FAST/USAID
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
FAST is a task-driven project that supports rapid, sustainable, and equitable economic growth in USAID-assisted countries by enabling USAID to bring a systems approach to addressing PFM (public revenue, budget, expenditure, and debt), trade capacity building, macroeconomic planning and policies, and other economic governance issues, such as regulatory reform, and by supporting missions to improve the following: a) host-country capacity to mobilize revenue and provide public services; b) policy climates for investment that generate more productive employment and inclusive growth, including consideration of issues specific to women and other disadvantaged populations; c) host-country ability to recover from, prevent, and/or mitigate the impact of conflict, natural disasters, or fiscal crises; d) host-country institutional capacity to identify, design, advocate, and implement better economic policies to enhance inclusive growth and gender equity. DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is the prime implementer of the FAST project.
- Review and assess procurement IT systems.
- Review and analyze business processes (use cases) for automation.
- Document system functional and technical requirements.
- Design IT solutions to support government procurement.
- Analyze IT system integration requirements.
- Prepare work plans for IT technical assistance and development of IT systems.
- Prepare tender documentation to support procurement of equipment and software development services.
- Manage vendor delivery for software development services.
Scope of Work
“Effective Public Procurement for Kyrgyzstani Taxpayers” is a task under FAST which seeks to improve self-reliance of Kyrgyz Republic by improving public procurement systems. The project seeks reforms in public procurement systems and processes to increase efficiency and transparency, and reduce corruption, as well as enable civic engagement in the conduct of public procurement operations. The project has two objectives.
Objective One: Increase efficiency and transparency of public procurement
Objective Two: Enable civic engagement and oversight over the public procurement
- Undergraduate degree in information communication and technology (ICT), economics, business administration or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience in public procurement reforms
- Advance knowledge of public procurement IT systems, legal and institutional framework and international best practices
- Experience working with government institutions
- Proficiency in English and Russian languages
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills
- A forward-thinking and pro-active approach to working
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to work in a diverse team and in pressure
This position is for nationals of Kyrgyz Republic only
Deliverables, Level of Effort, Schedule
- The procurement IT systems specialist reports to the Team Leader.
- The candidate is expected to begin work in February 2021 through September 2022.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application.
Please send CV and Cover letter to Terrence Porter: email@example.com and mention the position title in the email subject.