Household survey for Local Impact Project
ОФ MSDSP KG
I. The Public Foundation “MSDSP KG”, within the framework of the project “Local Impact”, hereby invites consulting companies to participate in the competition for the selection of a consulting company to conduct a household survey.
CS Selection Criteria
- At least 5 years’ experience in data collection as a part of studies on programs and projects, preferably focusing on local impact.
- Knowledge of the regional and institutional context in KR;
Technical competences in the relevant sectors.
- Direct experience in managing at least five multi-province household surveys in areas of Kyrgyz Republic.
- Direct experience as a firm in conducting a comparable large scale (minimum 1,000 respondents) household survey using CAPI.
Key Personnel & Subject Matter Expertise:
- Availability of qualified key staff in social science: sociology, economics, international development, or any other related field. (detailed review of the proposed personnel will be conducted at technical proposal review stage).
- Proficiency of staff with using statistical software such as SPSS, Stata or R. No sub-contracting key personnel positions or tasks to other firms will be allowed.
- English and Kyrgyz languages proficiency of the staff.
Knowledge of the regional and institutional context
- Experience with carrying out surveys financed by donor agencies in Kyrgyz Republic such as World Bank, USAID, DFID, SDC, UNDP, other UN agencies.
- Experience in conducting surveys in rural and remote areas of Kyrgyzstan.
- Experience in conducting surveys among key formal and informal leaders, vulnerable or marginalized groups in the communities.
Previous client feedback.
As a result of the scoring, the top 2 short-listed Consulting Firms will be invited to present their Proposal.
II. The selection of the consultant will be carried out in accordance with the procedures of the MSDSP KG.
III. Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of interest, including the names and contact information of two previous clients who can be contacted regarding relevant experience,
- Detailed technical proposal clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this request for proposals and including the following:
- Consulting Firm profile,
- Demonstrated previous experience,
- A proposed timeframe detailing activities and a schedule/work plan (including a Gantt chart).
- Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed staff outlining relevant experience (annexed to technical proposal)
- A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the study including:
- Per diem
- Interview Fees
- Other costs (if any)
In accordance with the Tender instructions, the technical and financial Proposals shall be received at the same time in two (2) separate and sealed envelopes. Proposals will be evaluated only if the complete package as outlined above is received.
Complete applications should be submitted electronically to: email@example.com with the subject line of: ‘Local Impact_Household survey’. Questions related to aspects of this SoR will be received before July 1, 2021, 5:30 PM.
Closing date for submission of the application package is end of business day July 1, 2021, 5:30 PM.
IV. Documents submitted later than the specified deadline, as well as without an application with an exact indication of the position for which the Proposal was submitted, will not be considered. Only qualified Consulting Firms will be invited to Present their Proposal.
“Mountain Societies Development Support Programme (MSDSP) is committed to safeguarding, which means it promotes respectful relations with and between all staff, associates, beneficiaries and wider communities with whom it works, and takes all reasonable measures to prevent harm, including all forms of sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment (PSEAH), bullying, discrimination, harassment and abuse of power that may arise from contact with its staff, programmes or operations.
MSDSP also adheres to child safeguarding principles, as set out by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s), employment history and any potential history of misconduct. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a full background check.
All employees of MSDSP are required to adhere to the organizational safeguarding standards and principles and at all times to act with dignity, respect and to contribute to a safe environment free from any type of harassment, abuse or discrimination.”