Adaptive program development and M&E officer
Общественный Фонд "Международная Образовательная Ассоциация Дебатов в Центральной Азии"
About IDEA Central Asia:
IDEA Central Asia supports young people in promoting their ideas and interests. For more than 6 years we have been working with interactive education, youth civic activism, public discussions and debates. We constantly look for new ways to pass on our expertise, knowledge and resources. We speak directly to young people. We tap into young people’s energy and interests with engaging formats, practical experience and teamwork to strengthen their skills and competences. More about us at www.ideaca.today
What do we work for?
Young people are equal actors of all socio-economic and political processes, they understand their needs and can influence the present in order to build their own future favorably. We value the knowledge, experience and energy of youth to fight social injustice and inequality. We see equal and peaceful dialogue as a unique tool for the development of communities, countries and the world as a whole. We value creativity and open-mindedness as drivers of diversity and innovation that can positively impact people’ lives.
What personal qualities are we inspired with?
Indifference to the needs of vulnerable people, especially young people. A sense of ownership of the problems of our region. Sensitivity to acute social issues. Responsibility for arrangements and agreements. Proactivity, expressed through responsiveness and willingness to do more.
- At least 3 years of experience in the development and civil sector as a fundraising manager
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs and projects
- Graduate degree in social sciences, preferably international relations or related sciences
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and writing skills to develop program and project proposals and design development strategies
- Excellent oral and written English, fluency in Russian and Kyrgyz is an advantage
- Excellent leadership skills in team work, including management skills and team capacity building
- Knowledge of political, economic and social context of Central Asia
- Commitment to the values of inclusion, non-discrimination and equality
Duties and scope of work:
Program and project development
- Research and keep track of new trends and changes in development sphere, especially in youth, gender, peacebuilding, civic participation and human rights areas
- Facilitate team discussions as a response to contextual changes, youth needs and revise of programmatic approaches
- Search and identify project opportunities that comply with strategic goals and organization’s vision
- Organize and facilitate brainstorming meetings with team to produce the relevant and creative ideas for program activities
- Take a leading role in discussions with suitable partners for project proposals
- Develop project proposals, including budgets, work plans and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Develop the service proposals for customers, international and local organizations, including budgets, concept notes and action plans
- Maintain and regularly update records concerning project proposal submission and successful completion
- Develop a personal network among international and local partners
- Represent the organization at meetings with stakeholders and maintain accurate records of all meetings
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of the organization’s strategic goals and indicators
- Develop monitoring methodologies, including both data collection and analysis
- Oversee the collection of monitoring data, working closely with project coordinators and program officer
- Advance in digitization effort of evaluation systems and data analysis of the organization
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s strategy and operational plans
- Contribute to the development of internal policies and procedures regarding M&E, project development and capacity building
Capacity building of team
- Build capacity of the team how to properly collect, analyze and store the necessary data
- Build capacity of the team on planning, project development and reporting skills
- Contribute to strengthening the organization’s capacity to apply to bigger calls, as a leading partner
- Employment contract for 1 year, with a probationary period of 2 months and the possibility of extension after 1 year of cooperation
- Monthly salary, payment based on the results of the interview
- Working place in the office in Bishkek, with the provision of all necessary conditions
All qualified candidates should send their CV, cover letter and references to email@example.com by September 24, 2021 with the subject line “Adaptive program development and M&E officer”.